Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Robert Frost - part 2

I opened my book of Robert Frost at random, and here's another one to consider.

"Beech"
Where my imaginary line
Bends square in woods, an iron spine
And pile of real rocks have been founded.
And off this corner in the wild,
Where these are driving in and piled
One tree, by being deeply wounded,
Has been impressed as Witness Tree
And made commit to memory
My proof of being not unbounded.
Thus truth's established and borne out,
Though circumstanced with dark and doubt -
Though by a world of doubt surrounded
- The Moodie Forester

which is kind of hard to understand at first read. Read it again, and see what you can see :)

And, how about this one, a bit more fun.. and a lot shorter!

"Sycamore"
Zaccheus he
Did climb the tree
Our Lord to see
- The New England Primer

Tell me which of these two poems you like best and why.

Also - Write one of your own poems in the same style as "Sycamore".

2 comments:

  1. I like the first poem. I like it because I feel that it has wisdom and a soothing melody. I think it is talking about life's troubles.

    This is my contribution

    Dragon Weyr

    Dragons here
    In the lair
    To learn the care
    Of the dragon Weyr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poem, Seth! Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete